Becky Gunnoe – Executive Director, Crisis Team Manager, National Trainer
“Our TIP volunteers are truly the behind the scenes heroes in our community and I encourage our residents to seek out this (volunteer) opportunity. Our police officers, firefighters and citizens need you.”
Retired Capt. Jim Steiner
There is no cost for the Training Academy itself, however, there is a $35 fee to cover the cost of the training manual and materials.
To be a volunteer, you must:
- be at least 21 years of age
- have reliable transportation, a valid CA drivers license and proof of insurance
- have a cell phone and internet access with active email account
- attend each training session in its entirety
- commit to be on call three, twelve–hour shifts per month
attend a monthly Continuing Education/Team Building meeting the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00PM.
- have a fingerprint background check (at no cost to the volunteer). A DMV check will also be performed on each trainee at no cost.
If you would like more information or would like to sign up for the next Training Academy:
Please leave a message on the TIP voice mail line: (951) 736–2373
Contact Bob Auth directly at (951) 314-8000
Class size is limited and reservations will be taken on a first call, first serve basis.
For more information about the National TIP program, please check out the national TIP website at www.TIPnational.org.